Michael Auliar answers Barker's dozen
29 May 2014
1. What was your first job? I was a labourer on a building site when I was 16 during the school holidays.
2. What was your first company car? Nissan Almera GTi - a fantastic car for a 22 year old.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat by Fat Boy Slim (re-living my youth).
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? I still get nervous when presenting to very large groups.
5. What's your biggest achievement? I've survived 15 years at Nissan in Sales, Marketing, Quality, Aftersales, Fleet, in the UK and Switzerland.
6. Who are your role models? I look up to people who have overcome the odds to achieve success like Nelson Mandela.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? I once managed to turn up at Heathrow with my family for a trip to Tuscany, to discover we were flying from Gatwick..
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The new Qashqai due for release in January 2014 and the amazing residual value increase versus the current model it has received.
9. What's in your garage? Lots of card board boxes waiting to be unpacked following my return to the UK last August from Nissan Europe in Switzerland.
10.What's the worst thing about your job? Nothing - I'm lucky to work in a constantly changing (and challenging) industry for a company that demonstrates agility, ambition and innovation to achieve its goals.
11.What one law would you make or change? I'd make it mandatory for every petrol station to have a minimum of three Electric Vehicle rapid chargers to appease potential customer range anxiety for EV's.
12.What keeps you awake at night? Nothing - I generally sleep well.
13.Who is your ideal celebrity date? Cheryl Cole.
Name: Michael Auliar
Company: Nissan GB
Job title: Fleet Sales Director
Home town: St Albans
Family: Wife Sarah and two son Alex (10) and Ethan (9)
Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
We deliver innovation & excitement for everyone by being bold, smart & accessible.