Andy Bell of First Vehicle Leasing answers Barker's Dozen
24 September 2014
From Radio 4 to Henry Ford - it's a glimpse of the life led by First Vehicle Leasing's principal.
1. What was your first job?
Farmer at our family farm in Scotland.
2. What was your first company car?
A red Bedford van.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Manage my health.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
My four children.
6. Who are your role models?
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Put petrol in a diesel car. Luckily, I got away with just siphoning it out.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
How to calculate sales people's commission.
9. What's in your garage?
An Infiniti M35h, and Yamaha FGR1300 and BMW R1200GS motorbikes.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
The buck stops with me, and every decision affects more than 30 people.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I'd make it an offence for people to target companies to rip them off.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Susanna Reid of ITV's Good Morning Britain.