Amanda Mullans of Total Accident Management answers Barker's Dozen
25 June 2012
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I got my first experience of customer service working part-time as a shop assistant at the ripe old age of 13.
2. What was your first company car?
My first company car was a rather smart Audi A4 2.0 TDI, which I loved.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Faithless' No Roots.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I would love to be fluent in an extensive range of languages. If only I could find the time!
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Leading the procurement and technical installation of seven new operating platforms simultaneously, and remaining sane.
6. Who are your role models?
Richard Reed, Adam Balon and Jon Wright, the co-founders of Innocent Drinks.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Fell down a flight of stairs while picking up emails on the Blackberry instead of looking where I was going (which would have alerted me to the fact that there was only space under my feet and not solid ground).
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Which of several innovations Total had planned for the new financial year were going to be most popular with our customers.
9. What's in your garage?
There is a prize for anyone brave enough to go in and find out!
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
11. What one law would you make or change?
I'd repeal the law of unintended consequences.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Getting absorbed in strategic planning around our customer proposition - so easy to lose track of time!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Peter Kay - or George Clooney if Peter isn't available!