Andrew Jackson of Glass's answers Barker's Dozen
16 December 2013
Glass's Information Services' head of analytics isn't hanging around waiting for his ship to come in.
Andrew Jackson, head of analytics at Glass's
1. What was your first job?
Working as a temp for the International Commission for Holocaust Era Insurance Claims.
2. What was your first company car?
Mercedes Benz C200 CDI.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The Inception official soundtrack, by Hans Zimmer.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I wish I could be more disciplined about going to the gym!
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Probably gaining my PhD in materials chemistry. However, if I ever finish rebuilding my Vauxhall that will be my biggest achievement!
6. Who are your role models?
My father definitely. Outside that I don't have any person in particular. However, I do live by a statement once said by the late motor bike racer Barry Sheene: "Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing!"
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
The strength of connection between the retail and wholesale markets.
9. What's in your garage?
Mercedes C200 CDI, Mini cooper convertible (R57), a heavily tuned 1978 Vauxhall Cavalier coupe GLS.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Probably the commute. I use the M25, which isn't so bad if you can avoid the junctions for the M1, A41, M40, M4 and M3. Guess which junctions I cross.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Move VED exemption to include cars up to 1978!
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Very little; I enjoy my sleep too much.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Homeland's Claire Danes maybe, but I think she looks like my wife, so why bother?
||Glass's Information Services
||Head of analytics
||Beverley, East Yorkshire
||Married, no children
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
||Steeped in heritage with fresh and dynamic management; eager to make a difference.