Andrew Smith of Cobra answers Barker's Dozen
28 February 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Leasing consultant at Hendy Lennox.
2. What was your first company car?
Ford Fiesta 1.1L - combining power and sporty handling - everything you need in a company car.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson audio book.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Improve my tennis and to learn to play the piano again.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
When I worked for Ford, turning around Ford Hellas (Greece) to stand for safety (known as 'asphalos').
6. Who are your role models?
Survival expert Ray Mears because his knowledge of the natural world around us in terms of survival is unsurpassed.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Driving, three times no less, into the vines on the first tee in front of 30 invited VIP Ford Fleet guests!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Whether our speed camera product will be the success we expect it to be.
9. What's in your garage?
Lots of junk, but I wish a Ferrari 156.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
The M6 motorway.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Abolish inheritance tax.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Not much, I normally sleep like a log.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Lost actress Evangeline Lilly.