Bernadette Maddocks of Pendragon answers Barker's Dozen
27 June 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Trainee secretary for International Paints.
2. What was your first company car?
Rover 800 - burgundy.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Talk Sport and BBC Radio 5 Live.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I wish I had more time. Neal Francis [Pendragon's MD] has taught me patience!!
5. What's your biggest achievement?
I won sales professional of the year within the Pendragon group in 2002. I was really proud to have received recognition from my peers as a woman in a heavily dominated male industry at that time.
6. Who are your role models?
Everyone I've worked with within the Pendragon group has given me all the tools I need to succeed.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I congratulated somebody for being pregnant and she wasn't!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Lead times for cars.
9. What's in your garage?
Gym equipment I don't use - it's gathering dust!
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
I work long hours and miss my children - son, 18, and daughter, 9.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would love not to have to pay tax on the VAT on a company car.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Thinking of all the things I should have done and didn't, and everything I have to do tomorrow.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Without doubt Peter Kay.