BVRLA's John Lewis answers Barker's Dozen
07 April 2008
BusinessCar's deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 questions to BVRLA director general John Lewis
1. What was your first job? Motor mechanic.
2. What was your first company car? Mini Van.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Radio 4.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Play a musical instrument
5. What's your biggest achievement? Developing the BVRLA to be the respected association it is.
6. Who are your role models? Winston Churchill and Richard Branson.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Losing my passport and not being able to speak at a conference abroad as a result.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The Government's policy on national road pricing.
9. What's in your garage? AC Cobra MkIV
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Not achieving success at lobbying that you know the industry deserves.
11. What one law would you make or change? The one that allowed Ken Livingstone to be re-elected.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Ken Livingstone.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Twiggy.