Damien Dally of Alfa Romeo UK answers Barker's Dozen
19 December 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Working at a marketing agency.
2. What was your first company car? Audi A4.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Kings of Leon album, but I like using the shuffle function of the iPhone.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? In this digital age I hardly ever have to write anymore and my handwriting is suffering as a consequence - I am envious of people with nice handwriting.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Personally, it's been becoming a father - I am learning every day. They forgot to include the manual!
6. Who are your role models? In business, it's Steve Jobs, no question - I am a big Apple fan and admire how he led the company and revolutionised the industry.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Is anyone really honest here?
I put the wrong fuel in my Alfa on the way to a very important meeting - it was a very bad day!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? All of our subjects are quite hotly debated but in a positive way. Communication is key and detail is important, particularly if it involves customers.
9. What's in your garage? Besides my Alfa Giulietta, it's an Alfa Romeo bike - I'd wanted one for ages, finally bought it and I am ashamed to say that it has only seen the light of day on two occasions! Looks great in the garage though.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? I am lucky, I work with great people for a brand that I love. Not everyone can say that.
11. What one law would you make or change? I think it's crazy that you could get prosecuted for defending your home and family from an intruder, who one assumes, given that they are visiting uninvited in the middle of the night and wearing a mask, are probably not dropping by for a cup of coffee and a chat.
12. What keeps you awake at night? My baby son, although I can't complain because as sleeping babies go, he is pretty good.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Uma Thurman, of course.