Dave Scobie of All Fleet Services answers Barker's Dozen
09 November 2009
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
2. What was your first company car?
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Although it makes me feel old I have to be honest: I was listening to Radio Four's The Today Programme.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Starting my own business seven years ago, which now employs 72 people and continues to grow during these uncertain times.
6. Who is your role model?
My dad gave me a work ethic, which has stood me in good stead over the years.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Bought a classic car on eBay without seeing it first.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Our new exciting Fleet Administration product, which has just launched.
9. What's in your garage?
VW Golf R32 and an old bath I have been meaning to get rid off for some time now.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
I was going to say early mornings and evenings. However, thinking about it, I actually enjoy it. I must be sad.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Stop lorry drivers from overtaking on the motorway.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Sharleen Spiteri from the band Texas, who I have always had a crush on. My wife knows but it's ok as she has always had a crush on Ultravox's Midge Ure! Each to their own.