David Nicholas answers Barker's Dozen
26 March 2013
1.What was your first job? Accounts junior/cashier at Barclays Bank.
2. What was your first company car? BMW 3-series coupe.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Chris Brown (my teenage daughter was in the car).
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Predict the future.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Raising two children and not going bald, bankrupt or entering therapy.
6. Who are your role models? No one famous or controversial I'm afraid. It would have to be my dad for bringing me up to have a practical, common sense approach to life and ingraining in me that rarely are there any shortcuts to reaching your goals.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? In my early career as a bank cashier initially refusing to hand over money to an armed robber.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Strategies for long-term commercial development.
9. What's in your garage? Lots - none of which belongs to me and all of which belongs to my children.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? I'll get back to you on that one - I've only recently taken on this new role, so it's too early to say!
11. What one law would you make or change? I work from home a lot, so it would have to be something around telesales calls from organisations who, despite being told I'm not interested, insist on calling again and again and again. If this couldn't be accomplished then introducing legislation that gave London tourists their own 'lane' on the pavement.
12. What keeps you awake at night? It ranges from nothing to everything and largely depends on what I've got on the next day.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Definitely not a date, but spending some time with Jeremy Clarkson appeals. Whilst I don't always agree with his views, I do admire his direct 'say what you think' approach to life.
||The Energy Saving Trust
||Fleet partnership manager
||Wife, two children and two dogs
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
||A market-leading independent provider of carbon and cost reduction services.