David Watts of EST answers Barker's Dozen
13 May 2013
The EST's fleet partnership manager goes abseiling down a waterfall in the dark and is kept awake by snoring cats.
1. What was your first job? My first real job was as a scientific officer for the [defunct] Centre for Defence Analysis, although working in a Christmas cracker factory and as an outdoor pursuits instructor featured in my student days.
2. What was your first company car? Vauxhall Astra.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction - at my daughter's request I hasten to add!
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Play the trumpet.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Learning to fly solo before I could drive.
6. Who are your role models? Lawrence Dallaglio, Harrison Ford, Ellen MacArthur.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Abseiling down a 300ft waterfall in the dark with no safety rope.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Team restructuring.
9. What's in your garage? Three bicycles and a selection of power tools - but on the driveway is my VW Golf Bluemotion company car.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? The unwillingness of organisations to embrace change even when the variety of benefits are proven and achievable.
11. What one law would you make or change? It should be illegal to sit in the middle lane of a motorway when the inside lane is empty!
12. What keeps you awake at night? My cat snoring.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Actress Orla Brady.
Name: David Watts
Company: Energy Saving Trust
Job title: Fleet partnership manager
Home town: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
Family: Wife and five-year old daughter
Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer: A not-for-profit organisation that promotes sustainable energy use.