Ed Hummel of Honda answers Barker's Dozen
07 November 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Tea boy at the Porsche dealer in Guildford.
2. What was your first company car? Ford Mondeo. I turned up for my first day on the Ford graduate programme on my push bike and drove home in a V6 Mondeo! A nice surprise.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? John Humphries grilling Boris Johnson on Radio 4's Today programme.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Tennis, despite having had lots of lessons.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Recently running the north London 10k in 39 minutes after a friend's wedding the night before!
6. Who are your role models? Stuart Rose, Seb Coe, Margaret Thatcher.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? A Drambuie flamer that left me with big red burnt lips!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? How to deliver the best ever launch for new Civic.
9. What's in your garage? If I had a garage I'd move my Ferrari 458 off the street.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Predicable answer - emails!
11. What one law would you make or change? Introduce a flat-rate tax.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Not a lot.fortunately I sleep easily.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Melanie Sykes.