Ewan Shepherd of Toyota answers Barker's Dozen
06 December 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? As a part-time job it was working as a "spare pair of hands" in my dad's Ford Retail business. As a full-time job it was as a management trainee with BHS.
2. What was your first company car? A Renault 11, when I joined Elf Oil GB.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Maroon 5, The Jersey Boys and lots of Radio 5 Live.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Run. I had my knee replaced three years ago following too many years of football.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Establishing a family I am really proud of.
6. Who are your role models? The late Bobby Robson (former England manager). An outstanding leader - and really nice bloke.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Telling my wife that she was useless at ironing shirts! I have been doing my own ironing for the last 25 years!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Securing sufficient supply of the new Lexus CT200h, which is due for public launch in March 2011.
9. What's in your garage? My cross trainer, which I use religiously, a fridge full of beer and lots of stock for a stall at the car boot sale we have never been to!
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Balancing the needs of all the stakeholders. Despite taking time, it means that we usually make the right decisions.
11. What one law would you make or change? I would bring back widespread grammar schools.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Worrying that I will sleep through the alarm, when I have to get up very early. Other than that, it would be my wife's shoe bill!