Geoffrey Bray of Fleet Support Group answers Barker's Dozen
02 May 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
A paper round.
2. What was your first company car?
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
A CD called Four Old Blokes, Friends and a Bird. I'm one of the 'Old Blokes' - it's a charity CD in aid of Hope for Tomorrow. For further details go to www.hopefortomorrow.org.uk.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Play the guitar.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Forming Fleet Support Group.
6. Who are your role models?
Lord Forte and Lord Weinstock. Lord Forte is a man who built a global hotel and hospitality business having started with a single coffee shop. Lord Weinstock is Britain's premier post-second world war industrialist.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Listen to the advice of a lawyer.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Whose turn it is to make the tea.
9. What's in your garage?
A Jaguar XF.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
11. What one law would you make or change?
I'd create a common-sense law.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?