Helen Moore answers Barker's Dozen
05 July 2013
The EST's fleet consultant listens to Florence and the Machine and would like Eric to bring her sunshine.
1. What was your first job? A morning paper round before school.
2. What was your first company car? A white Ford Escort without power steering (or indeed any other form of power).
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Florence and the Machine and Radio 4.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Drive more efficiently.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Working for the Energy Saving Trust for nearly nine years.
6. Who are your role models? Claire Lomas for her determination to walk following a tragic accident and then walking the London Marathon in a robotic suit.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Too many to mention!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? How to get more electric vehicles on our roads.
9. What's in your garage? I don't have one but my company Honda Insight hybrid is parked by my house.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? There's so much to do and not enough days in the week.
11. What one law would you make or change? I'd make everyone who speeds or has an accident go on a speed-awareness training course.
12. What keeps you awake at night? That's when I work out how to fit everything in!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? I'd bring Eric Morecambe back for it.
Name (age): Helen Moore (43)
Company: Energy Saving Trust
Job title: Fleet consultant
Home town: Lancaster
Family: Brian (partner), Toby (dog), Dillon (cat), Tolly and Lenny the horses!
Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer: A charity helping and encouraging people to use energy more sustainably.