Iain Carmichael answers Barker's Dozen
12 February 2008
Carmichael accused BMW of mass self-registration
BusinessCar deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 questions to: Iain Carmichael, Audi fleet boss
1. What was your first job?
Car valeter/driver for Swan National Car Rental as a summer job whilst at Uni.
2. What was your first company car?
Peugeot 309 GTi whilst working on Peugeot Rental programme.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Radio 5 live
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Play better golf!
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Bringing up 2 normal, well adjusted kids.
6. Who are your role models?
None really. Quite happy to do things the way that feels right to me.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Encourage the kids to swim competitively - it now involves 3 x 5.00am lifts to the pool each week
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Why I always end up buying the coffees!
9. What's in your garage?
No cars !!! Just several bikes and kids football/rugby/cricket gear, etc.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Always having to buy the coffee!
11. What one law would you make or change?
Compulsory holiday on Jan 2. Its just not right coming back to work on the 2nd!!!
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Usually a row of single malt whisky's on the gantry of the bar!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Jodie Foster - she's always full of surprises!
|Barker's dozen factfile
||Head of Fleet Sales
||wife, daughter Hope (14) & son Matthew (12)
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
||The best place to be in the UK automotive industry today.
|Why not take part in Barker's Dozen?
|Contact BusinessCar deputy editor Paul Barker if you
want to take part in Barker's Dozen.