John Hargreaves of Kia answers Barker's Dozen
06 May 2013
Hislop and The Who, Thatcher and Cruz - Kia's fleet boss answers 13 searching questions.
1. What was your first job? Working for a year as a tracer of bad debtors for a firm of bailiffs in Liverpool.
2. What was your first company car? A Fiesta XR2.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Quadrophenia by The Who.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Surf.
5. What's your biggest achievement? I'm pleased with the growth we've achieved at Kia in my time here - that and me being roughly the same size after 27 years in the fleet industry.
6. Who are your role models? Walter Hagen (golfer) and Ian Hislop.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Swim from Corfu to Albania in 1981.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The best way for Kia to launch new products into the UK fleet market.
9. What's in your garage? Filth and a great deal of old sports equipment.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Just the last three miles of the drive to our office in Weybridge, Surrey.
11. What one law would you make or change? If reality TV shows could be made illegal it would be a good start.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Nothing except occasionally my two children coming home late.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? If it was somewhere extremely dangerous
Name: John Hargreaves
Company: Kia UK
Job title: Head of fleet and remarketing
Home town: Chalfont St Peter, Bucks.
Family: Married, two children
Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
Growing rapidly, realistically ambitious, ethically sound and respects its employees.