John Wardle of Pendragon answers Barker's Dozen
05 September 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? I stacked bottles in a dairy.
2. What was your first company car? An Austin Maestro 1.3.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Foo Fighters.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Chip better at golf.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Getting married and bringing up three children.
6. Who are your role models? Tony Pulis, Stoke City FC's manager, as he makes the most of what he's got, and Margaret Thatcher, as she was a principled leader and there aren't many around these days.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? I aquaplaned an Alfa Romeo Alfasud all over the M6 when I was 21 and wrote the car off against the central reservation.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? How to convert potential customers.
9. What's in your garage? Clutter!
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Extracting data from computer systems.
11. What one law would you make or change? DNA testing for all at birth.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Absolutely nothing!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Demi Moore.