Jon Mitchell of Autorola answers Barker's Dozen
11 June 2012
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
First real job: graduate management programme at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. First ever job: a paper round.
2. What was your first company car?
A Vauxhall Astra 1.6 LS.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Radio 5 Live.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
My putting on the golf course is atrocious.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
My four-year old girl.
6. Who are your role models?
Peter Grøftehauge, Autorola's owner and chief executive and his family who own and run the business, and Steve Jobs for bringing us the iPhone - genius.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I am one of those guys who has put unleaded in my diesel company car (a long time ago, admittedly).
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
When in 2012 to launch our range of new products and services for the UK market and in what order.
9. What's in your garage?
A Porsche Boxster 3.2 S.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
I don't get enough visits to our Australian office.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would increase the age of riding a motorbike to 21. I'm sure that would greatly reduce the number of motorbike-related accidents.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Nothing, I sleep like a log.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Aliona Vilani, one of the dancers off Strictly Come Dancing!