Julie Boyd of Optimum Business Solutions answers Barker's Dozen
26 October 2009
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Clerical officer in the civil service.
2. What was your first company car?
Ford Fiesta Popular Plus.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Franz Ferdinand's You Could Have It So Much Better album.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Play golf - I've just started lessons.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Career achievements in a male-dominated world include having a reasonable work/home balance!
6. Who is your role model?
Dawn French for her confidence and self-belief.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Denied the last remaining suitcase on an airport luggage carousel was mine!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
How to monitor insurance loss ratios.
9. What's in your garage?
Boxes as yet unpacked boxes from a move seven years ago. The BMW 525d M Sport has been relegated to drive.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
The days are too short to achieve everything I want to.
11. What one law would you make or change?
All foreign cars must be registered with DVLA at point of entry and we should not allow owners to drive for six months before registering and paying road tax. There appears to be a loophole here as there seems to be no penalty if they don't.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Not a lot - only my husband's occasional snoring!.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
England cricketer Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff.