Kevin Hudson of Chevin Fleet Solutions answers Barker's Dozen
05 December 2012
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? My first job was in the contracts department at Rolls-Royce as part of the Gap Year in Industry Scheme, prior to attending university.
2. What was your first company car? A Vauxhall Astra. I remember being chuffed to bits to be driving a brand new car following a series of parent-funded bangers.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? I'd like to reference some really trendy breakthrough band but in reality it was Radio 2 for the traffic updates.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Perfect the dark art of multi-tasking. I used to be hopeless, but with much practice and 'constructive criticism' from the women in my life, I'm slowly getting there.
5. What's your biggest achievement? I'm pretty proud of getting on the property ladder at a reasonably young age. World domination is next on the list.
6. Who are your role models? My parents: hard working, devoted to family and fair.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? I once arrived at Luton airport for a conference in Amsterdam minus the all-important passport. I had a presentation to deliver, which I missed as a result. Definite face-palm moment!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? What the core product road map should look like and how best we should approach the market.
9. What's in your garage? I can't stand clutter. However, the garage is the exception that proves the rule. Aside from the lawn mower and array of gardening tools, I don't think I could actually tell you, with any real authority, what else is in there.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Aside from the lengthy commute, the worst thing about my job is that there just aren't enough hours in the day.
11. What one law would you make or change? I'd like to see the tax-avoidance loop holes sewn up.
12. What keeps you awake at night? In a bid to improve myself and in a moment of naivety, I recently started a business degree with the Open University. So if I'm not awake trying to remember how to correctly format references in an academic essay, I'm kept awake by wondering what I've let myself in for!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? This is a tricky one. I could be honest and say the beautiful, intelligent and classy Duchess of Cambridge or I could save myself a trip to the doghouse and be slightly less honest and say the uber-witty Jo Brand. But being the rare breed of honest salesman that I am, it's Princess Kate all the way. Sorry Louise!