Kia's Sara Pratten answers Barker's Dozen
23 June 2008
BusinessCar deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 searching questions to Kia's Sara Pratten
1. What was your first job? IT help desk assistant - Thames television/Pearson Television
2. What was your first company car? Kia Sportage XS
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Mark Ronson, Virgin radio
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? DIY
5. What's your biggest achievement? Importing a stray mongrel dog from Rarotonga, the Cook Islands in the south Pacific to save him from an island cull. It took two years and a lot of hard work to change the laws on the island to enable me to do fly him to Europe. He is now a very happy UK resident.
6. Who are your role models? My mum
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Shortly after passing my driving test I inadvertently parked my first car backwards in a shop window whilst not quite appreciating weight transfer involved while cornering in rear engined vehicle.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Standard achievements
9. What's in your garage? Motorbike Yamaha FZR 750, Space hoppers, fridge, lawn mower and junk various
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Traffic jams/M25
11. What one law would you make or change? Making it illegal to sit in the middle lane on the motorway
12. What keeps you awake at night? Trivial things
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Dermot O'leary