Lee Wheeler answers Barker's Dozen
26 November 2013
Honda's fleet boss on impersonating his wife, being too chirpy in the mornings and sleeping through earthquakes
1. What was your first job?
Business administrator for motor finance house United Dominions Trust.
2. What was your first company car?
Proton 1.3 GL in flat red. I?particularly remember the PVC seats.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Digital radio station Absolute 80s.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Travelling around the world for a year without working! And getting the overall responsibility for corporate sales at Honda, of course.
6. Who are your role models?
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Arrived at an airport for a flight to America and at check-in presented my wife's passport instead of mine. Never was able to convince them I was Mrs. Wheeler!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Who bought the teas. And removal of 100% writing-down allowance for the cleanest leased vehicles.
9. What's in your garage?
Mountain bikes, alcohol and hiking gear.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Never reaching the bottom of my 'to do' list.
11. What one law would you make or change?
People who don't like mornings should be made to be cheerful. I am always being told off in the office for being too chirpy in the mornings.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Not very much. I always sleep well, hence why I slept through an earthquake the last time I was in Japan. I only found out about it when it was being discussed over breakfast, with someone else telling how they were shaken out of bed!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Anyone from the women's UK cycling team. We can go out on our bikes together.
||Manager - Corporate Operations
||Wife and two cats
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
|Friendly, passionate, strong, global, effective, successful, innovative and thoughtful.