Mark Cubbon answers Barker's Dozen
18 July 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
My first real job was selling wine. I sometimes wonder why I left!
2. What was your first company car?
Ford Escort 1.4 LX. The 'X' was very important in those days.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Zane Lowe on Radio 1.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Predict the winning National Lottery numbers.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
I'm still going.
6. Who are your role models?
Not role models per se, but people I admire for differing reasons would include Ian Hislop, Severiano Ballesteros, Ricky Tomlinson, Kenny Dalglish and Richard Branson.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
There are loads! I guess driving over two hours to an important business meeting, having left my bag (papers, laptop, etc) in the middle of my drive, would be up at the top. Amazingly, they were still there when I got home!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
The economy and business climate over the medium term.
9. What's in your garage?
I'd like to know myself! Just 'stuff' from over the years. But I can find my golf clubs.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
This small island's heavily congested road system.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Business related: scrap the 3% company car benefit-in-kind diesel supplement.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Nothing really, I sleep pretty well.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Susanna Reid, BBC news presenter!