Mark Smith of Company-Car-Log answers Barker's Dozen
15 February 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? An apprentice letterpress printer in August 1973.
2. What was your first company car? 1981 Gold Fiat Super Strada.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Radio 2.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Cold sell.
5. What's your biggest achievement? In my personal life, my two daughters and three grandchildren. In business, being awarded supplier of the year within the promotional products industry then selling that firm to my former employer.
6. Who is your role model? I had the pleasure to meet the late Sir Bobby Robson who lived up to my expectations.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Waiting too long to start my own business.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? How quickly we can we achieve a copy of the Company-Car-Log to be standard issue in all fleet cars.
9. What's in your garage? We moved house about three weeks ago so you can imagine!
10. What's the worst thing about your job? My impatience.see question 8.
11. What one law would you make or change? To make it law that cars have to display an insurance disc similar to the tax disc.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Too much wine (or too little!).
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? The new Red Arrows pilot Kirsty Moore.she has achieved what I could only dream of.