Merc van man Steve Bridge answers Barker's Dozen
15 June 2009
We talk to Mercedes' LCV sales and marketing director Steve Bridge about HGV tests and toys in the garage
1. What was your first job?
Sales administrator at a Fiat truck dealership.
2. What was your first company car?
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Radio 5 Live.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Balance work and home life.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Passing my Class 1 HGV first time.
6. Who is your role model?
Jack Welch, former CEO of US company General Electric.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
There are too many to choose from!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
9. What's in your garage?
A Mercedes ML320 CDI and a Buell Ulysses XB12X adventure sport motorbike (both pictured right).
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
It's all good.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Increase motorway speed limit.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?Jessica Alba.