Mike Roe of Pendragon Contracts answers Barker's Dozen
16 August 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I was a trainee accountant.
2. What was your first company car?
A Volkswagen Polo.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Dire Straits' A Theme from Local Hero.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I would love to improve my golf handicap from 16.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
I was made MD of Pendragon Contracts at the age of 36.
6. Who is your role model?
Richard Branson and Sir Peter Vardy.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Sampling cake in a 'coffee shop' in Amsterdam when I was president of a north-east Rotary Club, wearing my Rotary Club fleece.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
9. What's in your garage?
. Jaguar E-type with only 34,000 miles on the clock
. TVR Sagaris
. Racing TVR Vixen
. BMW 320D Touring
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
The increasing amount of customers that go out to tender, which doesn't allow you to present your company credentials in person and build a rapport with the company.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Do something to stop drivers hogging the outside and middle lanes of motorways, which then results in other drivers undertaking.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Nothing, I sleep like a log!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Julie Etchingham, ITV News at Ten newsreader.