Neil Burrows of Paragon answers Barker's Dozen
29 March 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I joined the graduate training scheme at Peugeot, working in the company's marketing department.
2. What was your first company car?
A metallic red Talbot Horizon GLS. Wonderful at the time.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The Radio 5 Live football commentary. I've been a Manchester United fan since 1966.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Ski. I have been going skiing for 20 years and it's an endless journey to improve.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
In a professional capacity I would say it would have to be working on the development of the Audi brand - we won Brand of the Year in the Marketing Society Awards.
6. Who is your role model?
Steve Jobs of Apple, because of his vision, creativity and of course, his success in business.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Trying to 'sell' a Talbot Sunbeam Lotus at a motor show to the company's American CEO, unbeknown to me.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Discussing actions resulting from our recent customer research.
9. What's in your garage?
A kayak, a stack of amplifiers and speakers, and all my daughter's kit from uni.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Seeing unfulfilled talent and untapped potential.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I'd scrap stamp duty.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Thinking out how we execute our plans and making sure we are doing what we promise for our customers.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Stephen Fry would make a good dinner party guest as he's a good conversationalist with a great sense of humour.