Network Automotive's Colin Bruder answers Barker's Dozen
18 August 2009
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to Network boss Colin Bruder
1. What was your first job?
Selling used cars from an open site
2. What was your first company car?
A Mark II Ford Cortina. I was a Procter & Gamble salesman.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Find more quality time at home with the family
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Making profit for our stakeholders and being the first in my family to go to university
6. Who is your role model?
Winston Churchill, Maggie Thatcher, Goethe.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Not had a bigger family
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Profitability and cost savings
9. What's in your garage?
Two Rolls Royces, Jaguar E-type, Bugatti Type 25, Holley Autobuggy (1896), Trabant (de luxe!), old shape Mini Cooper, Renault NN Tourer (1924)
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
The three-hour daily commute
11. What one law would you make or change?
Re-instigate the 25 year rule for historic vehicles
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?