Nick Horne of Budget Rent a Car answers Barker's Dozen
07 June 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I was entertainments officer at my university for a year; a fantastic job, putting on bands I liked for my friends! After that, five different careers before settling on the travel industry.
2. What was your first company car?
A green Vauxhall Vectra when I was an account manager for BA. It wasn't an SRi, though..
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The White Stripes. Can't decide if they are as good as the hype yet.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Sing and play guitar.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Representing Great Britain as a junior at rowing.
6. Who is your role model?
. Bill Hicks - a (quite rude!) voice of sanity in a crazy world. Reminds me it's just a ride
. Steve Jobs - everyone should make products as effective and as beautiful as Apple
. Anyone who starts their own business.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Probably crowdsurfing at the Pixies' reunion gigs in 2004 when I really should know better - but worth every glorious second!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
How to deliver a bespoke technical solution for a customer.
9. What's in your garage?
The usual bits and pieces and a 1973 VW split-screen van that I brought back from Brazil.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
So much to do, so little time!
11. What one law would you make or change?
Join the Euro.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Woody Allen or Clint Eastwood.