Paul Fox of Micheldever answers Barker's Dozen
05 October 2009
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Graduate trainee at Ford, Warley, 1972.
2. What was your first company car?
Ford Escort Mk1 - the business!
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Radio 4 Today Programme.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Buying Micheldever Tyre Services.
6. Who is your role model?
Richard Branson and Nelson Mandela.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Stayed in comfortable corporate life at Mercedes for far to long.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
We don't tend to do 'hot debates'.
9. What's in your garage?
Various historic race cars.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
I have a fantastic job so nothing really.
11. What one law would you make or change?
The next Finance Act. The proposed taxation changes are appalling and a total disincentive to rewarding success. Who wants to leave our great country, which of course is the alternative?
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Thinking about Q2.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Cameron Diaz, but I doubt she is available.