Paul Hollick of Alphabet answers Barker's Dozen
27 September 2010
Hollick predicts innovation in multi-user car access
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
An accountant in the wine trade - it had some very good perks!
2. What was your first company car?
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The Gorillaz' Plastic Beach album.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
A common issue for most - have more time!
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Probably making a small loss-making agricultural retail business profitable.
6. Who is your role model?
Steve Jobs [founder of Apple], James Dyson, Ross Brawn [F1 team principal].
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Too many to mention! Not vetting emails for content before sending is probably up there.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Between me and Mark [Sinclair - Alphabet director and BusinessCar blogger], regarding growth channels to focus our activities on for 2011/2012.
9. What's in your garage?
BMW X5, BMW 330d and a BMW F800S motorbike.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
I tend to be an impatient person, so probably not having enough time to do all the things that I'd like to do.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Either the removal of the 50% VAT disallowance on contract hire, sensible taxation on fuel or a change of heart on the impending lease accounting standards.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Not much! I sleep very well.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Actress Kate Beckinsale.