Paul Scott Fleming of Leasedrive answers Barker's Dozen
24 October 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Mechanical development engineer for Rover Cars.
2. What was your first company car? An MG Metro Turbo, circa 1985.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? A playlist which I put together for our last family skiing holiday.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Sing.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Raising a family.
6. Who are your role models? In business, just about every boss I've ever had. In life, my late father.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Embark on a 'green' product venture which needed funding at the start of the crash - very poor timing with hindsight.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Leasedrive's exciting future growth plans.
9. What's in your garage? Two Ducati motorcycles, one of the last 350 Volkswagen Beetles ever made, a BMW 635i and a Range Rover - quite a big garage really!
10. What's the worst thing about your job? I've been at Leasedrive for four months and genuinely can't think of one.
11. What one law would you make or change? How about a constitutional change that would read: 'Government shall pass no new law without repealing an old one'?
12. What keeps you awake at night? Nothing, I sleep like a baby.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Uma Thurman, but please don't tell my wife!