Peter Cakebread of Marshall Leasing answers Barker's Dozen
15 March 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Operations Support executive at Herondrive. This basically involved sourcing and ordering cars against client requests. Been stuck in the industry ever since.
2. What was your first company car?
A Triumph Acclaim Variomatic. This was a CVT version of the ever-popular Acclaim, which succeeded in leeching what little power was available from the 1.3 engine.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Boringly, it was the Today programme. I can't do without it in the morning, even though John Humphries can really annoy me. Most recent music was the new Cee Lo Green CD.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Relax and let go.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Building up Marshall Leasing into a respected contract hire provider over the last 20 years. Especially as this has been achieved with a very stable, dedicated team. It's all down to them.
6. Who are your role models?
John Lewis heads up a great team at the BVRLA, who work tirelessly on behalf of the industry. Their work is underappreciated.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Cornered the market in Suzuki Vitaras. Not recommended.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
The impact of the Government's Spending Review on used car demand.
9. What's in your garage?
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Not much really.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I hate tailgaters, so something to discourage that. Oh, and cyclists ignoring traffic lights in town.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Nothing much. I sleep well.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?