Roger Woodward of CD Auction Group answers Barker's Dozen
13 June 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Monotype keyboard operator in the printing industry.
2. What was your first company car?
A brand new Ford Escort estate - I was ever-so proud.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Lose weight would be start.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Has to be setting up Cars Direct (now CD Auction Group) with [co-founding director] Graham Johnstone.
6. Who are your role models?
Viv Morgan was a true friend and mentor. Sadly, he's now passed away but he taught me the motor finance business and we set up Hillesden Finance together.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Got stuck in a natural jacuzzi on top of a large waterfall and it took six guys to pull me out. It was on one of my wife's company trips and she wasn't impressed!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
"I am Spartacus; no, I am Spartacus" - in the end, nobody got the blame.
9. What's in your garage?
A very old but beautiful Harley Davidson.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
After 22 years, the commute to work is becoming a bit of a pain, but otherwise I love my job.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I'd enforce the mobile phone while driving laws. Nothing winds me up more.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Indigestion - probably something to do with the losing weight issue.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Joanna Lumley would be fun.