Skoda's Martin Burke answers Barker's Dozen
15 September 2008
BusinessCar deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to Skoda's Martin Burke
1. What was your first job? I was a banker at Nat West.
2. What was your first company car? Polo Saloon Classic - the Polo with a boot!
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Red by Guillemots.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Sell more cars.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Selling lots of cars and helping grow Skoda's market share in the extremely competitive fleet market.
6. Who are your role models? Parents who have great relationships with their kids.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Not marrying my wife Sam sooner. I only got round to it two years ago.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The big green question. How is the industry responding to the green challenge? How do we make green cars exciting?
9. What's in your garage? Stuff that should be in the house. no space!
10. What's the worst thing about your job? E-mail 'clutter'
11. What one law would you make or change? By law there should be a Skoda on every user chooser list in the UK.
12. What keeps you awake at night? My seven month old son Finlay
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Beyonce.mmm!