Steve Archer of Inchcape UK answers Barker's Dozen
18 April 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Management trainee for a presentation jewellery manufacturer in the heart of Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter.
2. What was your first company car?
Red Toyota Starlet.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Stephen Fry's autobiography.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Remember people's names as well as I remember numbers.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Bring three beautiful daughters into the world, who all know so much more than me about every subject!
6. Who are your role models?
I have admired many people in my life, whether in business, sport or personal life. They are the individuals who are optimists, positive, and who look for the way to do things differently and push the envelope.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Buying a car for my eldest daughter's 17th birthday without realising I'd be paying to run it forever more. And what you do for one daughter you must do for all!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
9. What's in your garage?
1970 series IIa short wheelbase Land Rover - for the odd fun Sunday afternoon!
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
So many ideas, so little time.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Give three points for hogging the middle lane.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
When my head hits the pillow I'm out like a light!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?