Steve Catlin of Vauxhall answers Barker's Dozen
31 January 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
My first real job was at Vauxhall in the network development department.
We were going through a re-structure of the network so I recall making maps on a continuous basis for a year - but it still didn't help my navigational skills!
2. What was your first company car?
A (new at the time) Vauxhall Astra SXi 3-door in black with white instrument dials.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
"If you're happy and you know it - clap your hands!" nursery rhyme - see the note about family in the 'factfile'!
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Sing "if you're happy and you know it - clap your hands!"
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Getting my wife to marry me!
6. Who are your role models?
JFK - he mastered the art of perception over reality.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I put a garden fork through my foot when I was young.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
How to boost our customer satisfaction even further.
9. What's in your garage?
Lots of junk and a few petrol garden tools to keep me occupied in the summer!
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Not having 30 hours in a day to do everything we want as quickly as we'd like.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would like to make all 'reality TV' illegal!
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My four-month old son at the moment.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Actress Elizabeth Shue.