Steve Thompson of Nationwide Network Services answers Barker's Dozen
17 January 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
Automotive glazier. (Windscreen fitter!)
2. What was your first company car?
BMW 323 Coupe.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
6. Who are your role models?
I'm not big on this type of thing, but I do admire Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Sledge down the side of a hill, which was pretty well a sheer drop - and break my leg in the process.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
9. What's in your garage?
A BMW 5-series and some quad bikes.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
It is a cliche, but I do love my job, and there are many worse things to do for a living! That said, I don't like the tea machine in our Northwich office!
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would not allow drivers below the age of 20 to drive later than 8pm during their first year of holding a full licence. The number of young drivers who kill themselves and others within the first year of passing their test is an absolute tragedy.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My four year old!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Mrs. T won't like this but I could find time for lunch with Louise Redknapp.