Tony Grieg of Energy Saving Trust answers Barker's Dozen
12 December 2013
Addicted to coffee, inspired by professors and pointless purchases - it's the EST's fleet consultant
Tony Grieg, fleet consultant at EST
1. What was your first job?
Account executive at Zenith Vehicle Contracts.
2. What was your first company car?
Ford Escort 2.0LX.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The audio book Too Big to Fail: Inside the Battle to Save Wall Street.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Obtaining my MBA.
6. Who are your role models?
Professors Stephen Hawking and Peter Higgs and rugby coach Graham Henry.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Buy a two-seater car before being told we were expecting twins.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Pros and cons of salary sacrifice.
9. What's in your garage?
Recently purchased BBQ that's hardly been used.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
People's active inertia.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Anyone travelling a journey under one mile should walk/cycle if they're physically able to.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My coffee addiction.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady.
||Energy Saving Trust
||Wife, daughter and twin boys
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
||Independent advice on reducing emissions and business costs by promoting best practice.