VW Commercial Vehicles' Simon Elliott answers Barker's Dozen
19 January 2009
Business Car deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to Simon Elliott, boss of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
1. What was your first job? Clerical Trainee, JH Fenner, Hull
2. What was your first company car? Audi 80 CL, reg number CBD321X
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Talksport, Alan Brazil
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Answer bloody questions like these!
5. What's your biggest achievement? China Automotive Industry CEO of the Year 2007
6. Who are your role models? Trevor Taylor, ex-MD of Toyota GB
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Played football for Scunthorpe United in a pre-season friendly
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? 2009 market forecast
9. What's in your garage? Porsche 911 996 and a load of Chinese furniture
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Nothing - I love it!
11. What one law would you make or change? The defensive obstruction when a player shepherds a ball over the dead ball line really annoys me.
12. What keeps you awake at night? My wife!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Gabby Logan. Just to educate her about lower-league football