What Van?'s Neil McIntee answers Barker's Dozen
17 March 2008
BusinessCar's deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 questions to What Van?'s editor Neil McIntee
1. What was your first job? Bron Agency in Camden Town putting tours together for the Stiff Records acts among others.
2. What was your first company car? Never had a company car, but my first car was an orange 1200cc VW Beetle.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? George Thorogood & the Destroyers and Paul Weller.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Roll cigarettes one-handed.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Reaching middle age without the burden of children.
6. Who are your role models? Of my peers it's Steve Cropley of Autocar, but generally it's Lemmy from Motorhead; a true bon viveur and genuine survivor.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Not buying Apple Computer shares in the early 90s.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The future of magazines verses internet presence.
9. What's in your garage? Don't have a garage, but if I did - and had the money - it would contain a 1987 Porsche 911 Club Sport.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Continuous deadlines and too much time wasted in airport departure lounges.
11. What one law would you make or change? Smoking ban.
12. What keeps you awake at night? My snoring and the thought that Gordon Brown is still breathing.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Billy Connolly, the funiest man alive.