Zenith Provecta's Philip Jerome answers Barker's Dozen
25 January 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
A car washing round aged 8. I was paid £2.50 per car!
2. What was your first company car?
Fiat Punto GT Turbo in 1995
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Chris Evans on Radio 2
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I wish I was better at speaking foreign languages.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Joining Zenith Vehicle Contracts 11 years ago [as it was called then] and being part of a team that's grown the business from 3000 to 26,000 vehicles.
6. Who is your role model?
Jeremy Clarkson, for the way he speaks his mind regardless of the consequences, my 97-year old Grandfather for all the wisdom and experience he has accrued, and Winston Churchill - why don't they make politicians like they used to?
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Spilling a pan of boiling water over my hand whilst a student at Manchester University.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
How big will the market for salary sacrifice cars be?
9. What's in your garage?
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
The amount of time wasted in traffic jams.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Overhaul some of the health and safety rules that prevent, for example, kids climbing trees or playing conkers in school. I would reintroduce common sense and allow people to take some responsibility for their own actions.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My two-year-old daughter in the room next door.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Myleene Klass or her M&S ad colleague Noemie Lenoir.