Zenith's Andrew Cope answers Barker's Dozen
02 June 2008
Andrew Cope, chief exec of Zenith Vehicle Contracts
BusinessCar's deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 questions to Zenith MD Andrew Cope
1. What was your first job? Working in a sawmill cleaning out the sawdust pit.
2. What was your first company car? A 1.3 LX Ford Escort
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Radio 3
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Listen
5. What is your biggest achievement? Leading Zenith's first MBO
6. Who are your role models? The most important role model in my life was our former chairman and managing director, Henry Dean.
7. What is the stupidest thing you have done? Whilst talking to the chairman of a newly-won major customer, I asked him where he was from. When he told me, my response was 'Well somebody has to!' A stony silence followed.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Government legislation and the law of unintended consequences.
9. What is in your garage ? Aston Martin DB9.
10. What is the worst thing about your job? The M1
11. What one law would you make or change? I would incentivise companies with significantly reduced taxation for choosing more environmentally friendly vehicles.
12. What keeps you awake at night? My children
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Kelly Brook