David Jackson of Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions answers Barker's Dozen
09 January 2015
1. What was your first job?
My first job was working as a researcher on the television programme Holidays from Hell. I actually appeared in it too, playing the role of a troublesome holidaymaker.
2. What was your first company car?
A Volvo S40 in Safari Yellow. I had begged for a company car for two years and got rewarded with a very challenging colour. I still loved it as if it was my own though!
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
An eclectic iPod shuffle mix that ranged from musicals to old-skool dance anthems. An 8am house classic just before getting into the office really gets the energy going.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Remember where I have put things - it drives my wife crazy.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Becoming a dad for the first time last year to my son William. It really has made me look at the world differently.
6. Who are your role models?
My mum and dad who have taught me that if you display the right attitude and behaviours then good things come your way. Always say hello and ask how people are.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I once joined a meeting and after five minutes realised that while I was with the right company, I was with completely the wrong people and department. They were so polite, though, that they didn't even question my attendance. I should have paid more attention to the directions given by the receptionist.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Innovations for our customers. If we are not talking about how we can improve the service we deliver to them and add further value, then we are talking about the wrong things.
9. What's in your garage?
Garden tools, a fridge and a pair of signed Bjorn Borg tennis socks.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
That I've only been in my post for a few months. There's so much I want to do.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would makea law where everyone has to be positive for a day. You only live once so why waste it with negativity?
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My son, William.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?