Jeremy Rochfort of Autoglass answers Barker's Dozen
08 October 2014
Autoglass's national sales manager loves cricket and winning awards, but not '80s-style bright red jackets.
1. What was your first job?
Selling two-for-one dining cards door-to-door in London. The experience taught me a lot about maintaining a positive mental attitude and perseverance!
2. What was your first company car?
A Volvo S40, which I inherited from a departing business manager. It wouldn't have been my first choice.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
I'm a Radio 5 Live fan, and when the cricket is on it's Test Match Special on my way home from our
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I wish I could get my golf handicap below 18.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Autoglass winning BusinessCar's award for best windscreen provider - for 13 years in a row.
6. Who are your role models?
I spent most of my childhood in Somerset, and being a cricket fan, Ian 'Beefy' Botham was always my hero!
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
When I was about 15, I bought a bright red '80s-style jacket with the biggest lapels. I wore it home and my two brothers just laughed. It was the only time I ever wore it.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
It was all about increasing efficiency for our fleet customers, but things got really heated when we moved on to discussing football!
9. What's in your garage?
At the moment, lots of 'stuff' that won't fit anywhere else in the house.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
On those very rare occasions when we do get it wrong, it's having to deal with customer complaints.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would have to introduce three-day weekends. I reckon they'd be a guaranteed vote winner!
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Rosie, my 12-month old daughter. She's always waking up for a bottle and cuddle.