Robert English of Honda UK answers Barker's Dozen
27 August 2014
Sports fanatic with a love of Porsche stickers.
1. What was your first job?
During the summer I worked as a groundsman for a firm called Compair Broomwade at their sports and social club. It meant I could play for their football team.
2. What was your first company car?
A gold Seat Ibiza with a System Porsche engine sticker in the back window!
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Talk Sport is always a good way to start the day and hear the pundits totally change their minds on what they said the day before.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Be more patient and remember there are always other avenues to explore.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
My children Charlotte and Ben - they are terrific.
6. Who are your role models?
Adam Ford, my old branch manager - a great salesman with true customer awareness. Sir Clive Woodward for the way he delivers excellence through others.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I genuinely cannot tell you.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Forecasting and accuracy.
9. What's in your garage?
All manner of the children's sports equipment and my bikes.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Not being able to provide a company car solution for every company, every time.
11. What one law would you make or change?
When ridiculous amounts of money are paid in the sports transfer market that a percentage of this is passed to the local town/communities for investment in health, education and youth development.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Over-thinking the simplest of things.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
I wouldn't have a date but I'd like to go out for a night with James Corden, Keith Lemon and Sir Bradley Wiggins.