Paul Clark made road safety minister
10 June 2009
Transport minister Paul Clark has been given responsibility for road safety at the Department for Transport following Jim Fitzpatrick's move to Defra in the latest Government reshuffle.
The additional role follows the promotion of Lord Adonis to the Cabinet post of secretary of state for transport after Geof Hoon quit the post.
The DfT's ministerial team also now includes Sadiq Khan and Chris Mole.
Lord Adonis, secretary of state for transport
- Delivery of Government's transport commitments
- Long-term transport strategy, including high speed rail and carbon
Sadiq Khan, minister of state for transport
- Leading on transport business in the Commons
- City and Regional networks, including London and Crossrail
- Environment and climate change
Paul Clark, parliamentary under secretary of state for transport
- International Networks
- Road safety
- Motoring and Freight Services Agencies
Chris Mole, parliamentary under secretary of state for transport
- National Networks