Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\FacebookOpenGraph.xslt Vans stay on fleet longer, but not cars
Cookies on Businesscar

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Business Car website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookies at any time

BusinessCar magazine website email Awards mobile

The start point for the best source of fleet information

Vans stay on fleet longer, but not cars

Date: 07 August 2009

Commercial fleets are extending the life cycle of their vehicles but car fleets are not, according to fleet software company Jaama.

Jaama surveyed 114 fleet decision makers at a recent series of seminars, who said they are continuing to replace company cars to reduce average emissions and make tax and fuel economy savings. However, the respondents did confirm that fleets running vans and those that bought their own vehicles were extending replacement cycles.

The survey also showed that smaller fleets are now also running cleaner fleets, which they weren't when asked in Jaama's last survey three years ago. The CO2 related tax regime was given as the reason for the change.

80% of the seminar attendees also claimed they have an occupational road risk management policy in place, with the remaining 20% putting one in place. However, the majority said they could see room for improvement after attending the seminars, which were titled Fleet Management Essentials.