FORS publishes annual fleet industry report
29 March 2016
Author: Daniel Puddicombe
The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme - which aims to promote road safety and reduced emissions - has released its annual industry report for 2015.
According to the report, there was a 32% increase in accredited operators, while the association's audit team doubled over the year to 50 members.
FORS also claimed there was a 315% growth in the number of top-level Gold accredited operators, while there are now more than 207,000 vehicles operated by accredited organisations.
Other highlights include:
- More than 33,000 warning signage stickers issued
- 102 FORS Practitioner workshops delivered
- 136 new FORS Practitioner qualifications awarded
- 1493 managers and supervisors trained
- 20,000 eLearning modules completed
"Our vision is to enable all fleet operators to attain and maintain the best possible level of productivity and efficiency with the least impact on society and the environment and to facilitate continuous improvements in operating standards," said John Hix, director of FORS.